Wednesday, September 20

brocant (bro-k-ont)

once a year, each city in france comes together to put on a brocante. it is equivalent to a community wide garage sale / flea market selling anything from genuine antiques to tacky souveniers and used childrens toys. except, this is france...so the items are ecclectic, usually have a story, and can be bargained for. the height of brocante season is late spring, and this is one of my first purchases: a light fixture for our (newly painted yellow) kitchen.
what do you think?
brocante light fixture
my other treasures include a vintage Dior purse, an antique pillow sham with my initials embroidered on it, a (new) tweed coat, a Japanese scarf, a brass Moroccan tray, and quite a few more...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so fun! Sounds like you got some great purchases. I, for one, think the light is so cute!

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the light but you left me wanting more! What does this scarf look like and the purse? Good God, woman. You should know better!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

lol. you are crazy. you can't bring those home with you. thank goodness you won't be there for another season.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the light fixture. What do the other things you bought look like? I wish I had been there for the brocant. Sounds cool.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home