Friday, April 21

Aux Pays-Bas

greetings from Holland Greetings from Holland!
Unfortunately my vacation to The Netherlands is over, and I am back in Paris (that is a sentence I have never typed before!). Anyway...like I said, I loved it there. I stated at least 50 times that I would like to live there, or at least rent a summer cottage on the beach (should I ever become the 'summer cottage' type).

Highlights: visiting Corrie Ten Boom's house and literally standing in "The Hiding Place", our beach front village and apartment, a 3 hour walk through world famous tulip gardens, a canal ride through Amsterdam, touring Anne Frank's house, everything being cheaper than France, the Argentinean steak house (where we sat in a booth made of cow hide and had the best meal I have had in months), the Englishman who made us hot chocolate when our car broke down, the 5 hour search for food on the way home...

[Dear Belgium, I am on to your conspiracy to make my life difficult. I don't know why you made it ridiculously hard for me to find a place to eat lunch on Thursday. The longer we drove, the lower our standards went...and once we settled on McDonald's (the lowest), it took us another 2 hours to even find one! Why do you do this to me? I will still eat your chocolate, but don't expect another visit from me anytime soon. Love, Bethany]

All that to say, Click here to view my complete set of photos!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cool you got to see Corrie ten Boom's house. The street looks similar to what I imagined, just more modern. Live it up while you're in Europe!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

holla!nd

sorry my summer plans are so slow developing. i'm still planning to come see you for a few days in july. i'm waiting to see about a job in austin before i buy a plane ticket. (because i'm moving to austin...)

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, kidding that is so cool you got to see Corrie ten Boom's place! Definatly on my top ten list of places to see in my lifetime. Sounds like you have gotten a pretty good hand on your top ten list! :)

5:12 PM  
Blogger Jerod said...

do you have on wooden shoes?! that's a big step for you. (no pun intended)

12:43 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Thank you, thank you
yes, glady wearing the Dutch wood shoes for a photo did not necessitate them coming near my mouth- (nor did I have to touch the scary raw wood at any time during for this photo)

did i tell you that it is a custom with my people to chew a special bark for holidays? i have had to participate more than once...God's grace is the only thing that got me through :)

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home