Thursday, December 8

Vous avez quel âge ?

within the past couple weeks, on 3 seperate occasions, I have been asked about my age...and when I reply "24", the inquiring person appears shocked and responds by insisting I look "17". Before now, this has only happened on one occasion, a few years ago in the states, the person was ringing me up at a retail store and offered me the store credit card and then quickly corrected himself by saying "oh nevermind, you have to be at least 18 to have one". But, by far, the norm for my life has always been that I looked older than I actually was. Therefore, my response to this recent phenomenon has been along the lines of "What?!"
I personally don't think that I look (or dress) anything like a High School Senior (not that there is anything wrong with that...)
But, it has made me wonder...if you were to see me on the street, what would you guess my age to be?
 

8 Comments:

Blogger nolocontendere said...

In your teens for sure.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Curt Hampton said...

In this particular pic you look 20-22. I think the hair tied up adds a year or two. ;-)

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHATEVER--you're just a hot mamma!

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Bethany, she's SO hot right now. But ... have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

11:05 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

i'm having second thoughts about this post...i am so vain!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you look a little younger than you are in this photo. But when I met you I thought you were about my age.
I think you should be lovin the younger age thing because when I was there people were surprised by my age as well. But they were surprised I was only 24/25! I felt like an old bag.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

i dont know what is more exciting at the moment: bethany's hotness or a post-from-the-blue from miss blanca! lets call it a tie and go from there.

p.s.-nice seinfeld reference. i now get CBC (yes, thats the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation ... i know, barbados is S-T-R-A-N-G-E) - and they show a seinfeld episode every now & then. classic situation comedy at its finest.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thats funny- I use to get the same thing. When I was in high school people thought I was in college- but when I graduated from college people thought I graduated from high school. Why does that happen?! I hear that one day it will be a compliment.

I get that here too- "you're how old? You mean you actually are old enough to have graduated from college?!" Actually, this week is my birthday and my students told me I was as old as a grandma... wow- that's old.

However, I did have a girl who is in her 20's think I was 28! Wow- that is a huge change from the last few years- Maybe living in Mexico is aging me faster...

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home