Wednesday, November 23

Happy Turkey Day

Our kitchen on Pomona Dr. is littered with cranberries, a large chicken waiting to be cooked and carved, various pumpkin products...it is the eve of Thanksgiving.
Today on the radio they were re-telling the history of our holiday, when the Pilgrims gathered together for Prayer and to give Thanks for all God had done that year. I have known this story since I played a Pilgrim shucking corn in my kindergarden play...yet this year I feel that I can relate to the traditions in a fresh way.
I have come full circle since last years celebration...last year I left Texas for Paris a few days after the feast...this year I left Paris for Texas a few days before the feast.
This last year was an adventure for sure, but I find that my gratitude is not centered around all the new places I have seen, not for the new friends I have made, and not even for the wonderful gift of being home with so many old family and friends...but I find that my heart is strangely fulfilled by reflecing on the low points of this past year, because by them I have been defined. God's glory this year has somehow been gained by exposing my weaknesses and shortcomings...but the sweetest part is that He has held me by the hand and watched over me every step of the way. The truth is that ever since the day I invited Him into my life, He has done this...but this year I am finally understanding what life as His daughter should look like.
What are you thankful for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home