Wednesday, January 17

the latest...

This post comes to you from "Java Brewing Company: when ordinary brew won't do" who just gives out Wi-fi and good times. Some highlights of the past week are:

1. I like Louisville, KY! I guess that could be the summary of what is to come, but that is the biggest thing you should know.
2. I saw George Went in 12 Angry Men last Friday night at the Palace Theatre in downtown with 3 people I hardly know. It was intense and impressive. I am sad to report that Mr. Went has continued gaining weight since his memorable role on Cheers...but he remains a gifted performer.
3. I visited two churches on Sunday. Yes, this does make me super Holy. That being said, I am finding out that picking a church to join is going to be a difficult decision because of the fact that all of them have Seminary professors on staff = they are quality.
4. I am making new friends. The majority of them are boys, by default because there are simply more of them here than girls....but I think that our experiences here will breed quality friendships. This guy...
100_5807
...in addition to being entertaining and a live-music resource, got me a job interview at afore mentioned coffee shop where he works!
5. I found a sofa & dining room table for a total of $30! When I was in Indiana this weekend (just across the river, it has the closest Super Wal-Mart & Hobby Lobby) I found a Goodwill and hit the jackpot. Both are installed in our apartment and are already smell free thanks to some industrial strength Arm & Hammer.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for new friends, good churches and fun times! Tell me, is your new couch as sweet as the blue, low-backed one that graced the likes of The Ridge and the oh-so-posh College Main Apartments?

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if your new couch will see as much action... ;-)

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That John Ross is pretty fine, Bethany! huba, huba! (bet you haven't heard that phrase in like a million years).

12:06 AM  
Blogger E Kaup said...

Please let me be a reference for the java co job. I already have the first line ready: "when no ordinary brew will do, you need extraordinary Bethany to serve it to you." It only gets lamer from there, so I will stop. I can't wait to hear more from Louisville!

12:36 PM  
Blogger joshlangston said...

..so you were really cool while you were in Paris, but I just thought it was Paris...now after reviewing the last month worth of posts you are still cool, whilst being in the likes of Amarillo and Louisville... therefore, you are officially the coolest person i know; indeed, it wasn't just France.

~long live baugettes, red wine, train stations, and elusive French restaurants~

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany, I want to come visit you!!!

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home