Saturday, July 22

Last Sunday I was home taking care of some things, after saying goodbye to my friend Jill, when I started smelling something burning. My first response was thinking that perhaps it was in my house, which sent me running around frantically inspecting all the outlets, etc. When I found nothing I realized that there was smoke billowing outside, and eventually saw this from my kitchen window...
fire, from my kitchen window
don't worry, they got the fire out in a couple of hours. The whole neighborhood was watching, this was a lot of action for our quiet little street.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

was that the neighbor with the nice garden?

1:40 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

no, this one was behind my building back to the L.
access pics: click on the flickr banner on the sidebar, then locate Matt G's file :)

2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. Scary/exciting. I miss you.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home