Thursday, July 6

Allez France!!!

Last night we joined with thousands of other French (and Portuguese) spectators at Parc des Princes to view the World Cup semi-final on a big screen. The intensity and celebration hardly compares to my previous experiences...

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

The security was tight, with police everywhere, making sure a riot did not break out. They were even extremely strict on bringing in beverages, though apparently fireworks and torches are okay. Yeah, anyway. The chanting and celebration continued all down the streets, on the metro (we ended up in a pocket of Portuguese, and I was pretty sure the wall of our metro car was close to breaking off from all the pounding and yelling), and was still alive when I returned to my neighborhood. All this for the semi-final. I can't wait to see how intense it gets when France plays Italy on Sunday night...."On est au final!!!"

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allez Les Bleus!! Thanks for the footage. I will always be grateful to you and France for introducing me to the greatness of the World Cup!! My mom and sister are now hooked as well. We want to have a World Cup Finals party, but alas, not too many people are excited about it here. To all nearby Bethany Loves Paris readers, you are hearby invited to the party in the great city of Longview, TX!
-Eliz Mc

9:53 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Houk said...

those french are off the hiz-ook

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home