Saturday, June 17

LA COUPE DU MONDE

The WORLD CUP. Its huge here. Not sure how I missed it last year, but Monday night I had my first official introduction to the football phenomenon [pictured below] and have to say that I am a fan. Though sad to see the U.S. team loose, the Italia game proved entertaining enough to make the whole evening worthwhile, and I am hooked. "Soccer" (as most of you call it) is great b/c the matches only last 90-93 minutes. Enough to entertain, but not take up your entire day. I am not certain how our team will fare against Italia today, but I am certain that the players will hold my attention all the way to the end ;)
100_3734

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to be the third person! And nice shirt. I miss you and Zara.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think the World Cup is huge all over the world except the US!! The reason you missed it last year is because it wasn't held last year... it is held every 6 years! (at least I think it's 6 years) I thought the same thing and my Mexican friends corrected me!!

8:00 PM  
Blogger M&B said...

uhh... it's 4 years - but I'm glad you provided the explanation.

The Euro is usually 2 years after the World Cup - also every four years.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home