Monday, May 8

a Sunday afternoon

Yesterday turned out to be lovely. So, we went to town (Paris- I live in the suburbs, in case you are confused), grabbed a sandwich, and found a garden to relax in...Rodin's garden to be exact. I had to peek inside the house to see my favorite piece of his, God's handRodin
I love this piece because it is the act of God creating man. It is beautiful as it is "caught in the act" of the figures still being formed.
One thing I like about living here is that everywhere you walk it seems you find something new, and when passing this I decided that maybe it was finally time to go inside and check it out...but ended up deciding it was not worth the money. oh well, my parents will be here in less than a week so I will be sure to get my fill of touristy things :)

Paris
La Tour Eiffel (Eiffel Tower), Le Penseur (The Thinker), et moi (me)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rodin's gardens look much prettier in the summertime. Ah, what a fun day we had touring his museum over a year ago--how time flies!
This
is one of my favorites from our trip there.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

time does fly quickly my love...
do you remember how many statues thomas did this with? i am pretty sure it was all of them!
i miss and love you guys, can you come back and bring your cute baby? that would be fun :)

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if it would be as much fun, especially the really long flight, but I guess people do it!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Curt Hampton said...

I'll say it again. Nothing beats the Great Wall!!!

Just kidding. I feel you are getting so much more culture than I am.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait...it's the Eiffel Tower, then you , then The Thinker--no, wait--it's you, then the Eiffel Tower, then The Thinker ... no, that's not right ...

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home