Thursday, June 8

the new

The latest is that I have officially moved back into my apartment! Though I had to spend a night on the couch while finishing my room...some gracious friends came to help me on Tuesday and I am proud to report that the painting is FINISHED!!! (of course the cleaning and moving things back will take a while, but that is minor considering that my bed, bathroom, and armoire are once again functional!)

Just to keep things interesting, I also got really sick yesterday...I will spare you the details, but hopefully by later today I will feel strong enough to finish up the work. Why is it that when you get sick you wonder (or at least I always do) if you will ever feel normal again? It can only be a few minutes of pain until I start berating myself for not appreciating life when I feel normal, and sometimes even thinking about those cheesy bargains with God where one promises that IF health is restored one will become a saint. I never get that far in the actual deal-making b/c I have learned that it doesn't quite work that way...but the thoughts do come from time to time. Maybe I am just a wimp when it comes to pain, you can decide ;)

Oh, I keep forgetting to tell you-- I am going to Cairo for vacation! I leave June 20th. I am going to visit a friend, see the sights, and enjoy the affordable beauty treatments.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jerod said...

send me a postcard! hope you feel better.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Eva said...

i hope you have a freaking awesome time in cairo! i am jealous. :) ride a camel or something...

4:19 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

and the pyramids! welcome back to your apartment!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Careful about those beauty treatments. A friend of mine lived over there and they removed her arm hair. And she's not hairy.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home