Thursday, July 7

Cheerio from London

The day started early with the alarm set to ring at 5:30am...but like normal when I have to get up early, I slept fitfully and woke up by 5...just as well, there is always more last minute things to do before you leave than you think...I set off at 6 for, as my mom calls it "downtown Paris", and boarded the Eurostar train for London at 7am...the ride was pleasant with lots of grass, rolling hills, and picturesque villages along the way, not to mention the ride under the English Channel :) I arrived safely in London at 9 to find out that there have been power failures on the underground lines and that the stations are closed...not yet sure what is going on. This is my first vacation on my own, just a single woman out discovering Europe.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany I woke up this morning and listened to the news and I heard about the attacks. I pray and hope that you are safe and that everything is all right! Please let us hear from you. Love You.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany,
We've been watching the news and was just reminded that you went to London today. I pray that you are okay and that the Lord gives you opportunities to share truth with hurting people. Love you.

Lacy

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just talked to Bethany and she is fine. She arrived around 9 a.m. this morning into Waterloo station. The attacks were North of where she arrived. She is with Matt Josefy and his wife and is having a hard time getting around the city, but wants everyone to know she is safe. Thank you all for you love and prayers. Love, David and Brenda

10:29 AM  
Blogger Ginny said...

Praying for you, Pumpkin!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home