Friday, July 1

the blind guy and the cube

Today I was at a friends house and her daughter was watching a French TV program. It caught my attention because the people on this "game show" were speaking in English, and then there was the French dub-over...making it hard to understand either language since you could hear both....Anyway, so the host has this rubix cube and he gives it to a lady in the audience and asks her to scramble it, and then he calls up this guy who is sits down at a table...he recieves the scrambled cube from the host, is given 5 minutes to study it, then he is blindfolded (twice, just to be sure he cannot see), then he starts turning it all kinds of crazy fast ways and no lie, he solves it within 32 seconds!! It was incredible, and at the same time odd...maybe stuff like this is the norm for French TV, not sure since I don't have one at chez moi.

5 Comments:

Blogger Curt Hampton said...

Random story, Beth. What's the angle?

7:46 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

angle? it's just random C, nothing more...it made me laugh so i shared it :)

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew a girl in high school who could do that. She had memorized this entire book of rubiks cube tricks and would just sit and solve it all the time. She was a genius.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, that was from me... rachel.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Curt Hampton said...

I'm kind glad I've never met anyone who could do that. Kind of creepy, but glad that you shared the story Beth. I bet I would have laughed out loud with you.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home