Wednesday, March 30

Madame Desbordes

Today I spent some time at my neighbor’s house. She is a 91 year old French lady who lives across the street from me. She has lived in Paris her whole life and has some great stories to share. She has lived through a lot of history. Today she told us that her parents are buried in Cimetière Montparnasse, which is a popular tourist site because so many important French people are buried there. Today she sang me a song from La Boehm, tried to interest me in marrying her grandson, and told me about her sister who is 100 that also lives in the neighborhood. It is hard for her to get over to see her on her own, so I offered to take her sometime. She is a great help with conversational French, and it blesses her for people to come by to visit since it is hard for her to get out. So, I think we will become good friends while I live here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home