Monday, March 28

Joyeaux Paques

Happy Easter! Here in France, though the religious holiday is on Sunday, Monday is the day everyone takes off. So, I had a good day of celebration. It started by an hour bus ride so that I could attend a bi-lingual service at the International Church, which featured a gospel chior from Louisianna. Then we headed over to a family's house for some Easter activities and a big meal...which I have narrarated below by pictures for you to see. This morning I went with some friends to a "Brochant". These are usually held on the outskirts of Paris when communities decide to organize an outdoor market...similar to a garage sale, but also including vendors with antiques and pretty much anything else you can imagine for sale :) You have to get an early start, and it really did feel like the day after Thanksgiving sale shopping when I got up so early after a nice relaxing day of good food yesterday. But it was an adventure and I found a couple treasures, good times. Also, thanks for all the great packages from home this past week - they were a timely reminder of love during a trying week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home