Monday, November 8

This past week flew by, and it is crazy that I only have 2 more weeks here...and if all goes as planned will be overseas before the end of the month!!!
I spent some time in D.C. over the weekend. We went on Friday to do a cultural immersions. Then some friends and I went back on Saturday to spend time just chillin in the city. We went to an outdoor market, took in the National gallery of art,ate dinner in the very trendy Georgetown...and best of all got to spend the whole day with dearest loveliest Elizabeth McMahon! :)

How you can be involved...
-This week I started the grieving process over leaving...yep, I cried! This may sound strange but I often consider how I will change in 2 years time, but rarely think about how much each of your lives will change as well. Things just can't stay the same, and that is good...but is just getting hard to say "goodbye". Pray that I will grieve properly and that I will live in the truth that I am "giving up the good to participate in the great" --Elbert Smith (great = what God has called me to do)
-Please pray for my visa to come through in time, I applied for it at the end of September and still have not heard any status or approval. They said it would take about 2 months, but my roommate already got hers approved and I need to have it in hand before my tickets for travel are issued.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my Bethy,
Your update just touched my heart!! Much will happen in 2 years I'm sure, and what a blessing all of the experiences between now and then will be. You are such a precious daughter of God. David, Hannah and I will continue to pray, pray, pray for you. We can't wait to see you around Turkey day!!
Shannon

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany,
I can't tell you what it means to me to read about your days and your experiences. I can barely hold back the tears - tears of remembrance of what it's like to be there and experience what you are experiencing, tears of sadness to join in your grieving, and tears of joy over the beautiful road that lies ahead. Your life has already been forever changed, my girl, and it will be an amazing process to see to continuation! You keep shedding those tears - tears shed now give you more strength than you will know - and know that you are not shedding them alone. We love you and are praying for you daily!
Much love,
Marci Muno :)

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home