Sunday, October 24

"...You can't plan the end and not plan the means..."

Another week has come and gone...they do seem to be slipping away faster and faster, which is exciting and sad all mixed together :)
This week we heard from the president of my organization. I really enjoyed hearing his heart and understanding more clearly his role in the organization. I also like that all his teaching is practical and grown out of experience overseas. Yesterday we had half of our ESL/EFL certification class (it lasted ALL day long!!!). But, I did learn many things that will be very useful in my work.
Last night I went into town with some friends and we ended up sitting around outside of Starbucks talking for a long time. It was probably the best conversation I have had since I got here. Everyone is facing the same fears, struggling with issues about leaving, making plans for when we return....etc. I am just amazed at how honest and transparent this community is. I truly feel the Body functioning here and love that picture of the church.
I don't have any "getting sick" stories for you this week....but last Sunday night in our weekly service I was hurrying over to my seat because the service had already started... there is a piece that folds back on the top of a grande piano that sticks out and makes a sharp corner....so I am walking really fast and that piece hits my arm, so hard that it almost knocked me down! Anyway, I somehow avoided making a big scene but have this huge green bruise that wraps around my arm that is evidence of my clumsiness :)


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I say that. . . I'm the first one to post!!! yay for me! I'm done. Miss ya lady.

seate jones

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home