Friday, March 18

...humor in translation...

Today after school I went with a friend to a Bricolage ("do-it-yourself") store to help her get some hardware items she needs for her new apartment. We had just paid for our stuff and were looking for the exit that leads directly to the metro (which means it is possible, in many places, to go underground near your home, then travel across the city, do all your shopping, and not see the light day again until you return home)...as we rounded a corner there were two French girls jousting with these long skinny pieces of foam and just as we passed one covered her mouth to distort her voice as she said "Luke, je suis ton pere"...translated it is the infamous line "Luke, I am your father" from Star Wars...hilarious. It always makes me laugh when I hear famous American things translated...like this week I heard the song "December '63 (Oh, what a night)" in French and I was thinking, "hey I know this song... but what the heck is he saying?"...maybe it is odd because I hear mostly English music when I am out in the city and the movies we get are usually in English with French subtitles...and there are always the random people attempting to sing English songs in the metro...anyway, that is all I have to say about that...welp, see ya later :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ginny said...

Nice new template! Thinking of you & lifting you up, B! :)

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home