Thursday, May 5

Okay, I will admit that I have some strage phobias. I see no reason to explain or be ashamed that there are certain things (though seemingly normal to others) that completely freak me out (ex: raw wood in the mouth, expecially on the teeth). So, as you know living in a big city like Paris I spend a lot of time on the Metro. It is not uncommon to have the trains stop somewhere in the tunnels, sometimes the lights go out, sometimes they turn off the train (or at least it sounds like they do)...anyway, all that to say that I have developed a new fear of someday being forced to get off the metro car and walk through the dark, nasty, creepy tunnels. I realize this may sound far fetched to you, but it kinda freaks me out and every time my trains stop for a while in the tunnels. My friends here think it is funny and will make remarks about what a long walk that would be and who knows what is down there...but I know that I am not alone in the strange phobias (real or imagined), what are yours??

8 Comments:

Blogger Ginny said...

I have a crazy, irrational fear of cockroaches. To the extent that seeing one can bring me to tears. I mean, come on! I'm about 1000 times bigger than they are! I should just squash the little devils...but instead, I run and jump on the tallest piece of furniture available.

3:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just really scared that my phobias aren't real. . .

seth

6:19 PM  
Blogger Jerod said...

i hate water mocassins but i love toothpicks

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fear: Making international phone calls

Fear: Having no one to play a game of Mancala with

Fear: ok seriously... Being trapped in an enclosed shower with a rabid flying cockroach! Oh the willies!

Love: Licking a RAW WOODEN cooking spoon and then biting it...just for good measure.

Love: quality time with Ms. Reese on Saturday morning when she didn't have to go to UCS!! Oh Roommate!

-Erin

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Falling down the cement stairs in my apartment stair well and knocking out my teeth.

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that last one was me...

Kelly K

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beth.. i SOOOO understand the wood-in-the-mouth thing. just thinking about it gives me the creeps. i can't finish a popsicle unless it's thoroughly soaked in the juice. ugh.

another wierd one of mine is sewer grates. i will go out of my way on a sidewalk to avoid walking on them (or a man hole for that matter). you just can't be sure that one won't fall through at just the wrong moment and drop you into the slimy abyss below...

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a little late posting, but I had to confess my phobia. Along the same lines as your phobia about wooden things--I can't handle cotton/tissue/gauze or any thing dry touching my tongue or mouth in any way. Isn't it interesting that I am the only one in my family with bad teeth? I have to face my phobia quite regularly at the dentist's office--I believe they specialize in putting as much dry, crunchy gauze in one's mouth as possible. So, you are definitely NOT weird!

katie brown

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home