Thursday, April 14

Today I was on a crowded bus and there was a guy close to me listening to an MP3 player. After a few minutes I noticed he had closed his eyes and started to get into whatever song he can hear, he begins to sway and move his head around a bit, not out of the ordinary...but before too long this guy is full out dancing on the crowded bus. Moving his feet, hips, and hands...bumping into everyone around him…completely lost in his own world. It was great. At first I was a little embarrassed for him, but then I was envious...he was having a great time, free to express himself and do what he wanted. It made me smile, how refreshing to see this in contrast to the silent self absorbed people I normally squeeze in next to on the bus. It reminded me of the following song...

3 Comments:

Blogger micah said...

Aww fun! I would tottally be that guy too. :P So what's up with the hotel fire in your city??

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany,

I am so sorry I missed your call. I had just left my parents house and I was on my way back to Ft. Worth. I am sorry that I wasn't able to talk with you. Usually during the week I do not get home until like 4:30-5:00, so that wouldn't be a good time either. If you can, try me tomorrow (Sunday) at 3:00 or 10:00 your time, if that is good. If not, I look forward to talking with you next weekend sometime! I love you :o) Plus, I love all your pictures...those are wonderful. I especially liked your post about the guy dancing...I can totally relate just breaking out dancing, but I don't think I would be that brave to dance on the bus!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Jerod said...

bethany, i made a blog. jerodmichaelhugghins.blogspot.com

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home